Founded in 1956, The International Music Camp Summer School of Fine Arts offers a wide array of cultural study for students and adults. In weekly sessions, students of all ages gain concentrated knowledge in their particular area of interest. While the camp name speaks of its foundation in Music, IMC also offers one week summer camp programs in Dance, Creative Writing, Painting, Drawing, Theatre, and several other Fine Arts disciplines. A staff of 150+ artist-teachers, internationally noted guest conductors, and outstanding clinicians from the United States and Canada provide instruction to students from around the world.
All ages and nationalities study at IMC. Adults and students from 84 countries practice and learn together each season. Instruction ranges from beginning to advanced study, and classes are divided in order to challenge each person to the fullest of his or her ability.
The International Music Camp is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the United States and a registered Charitable Organization in Canada (Registration No. 118970862RR0001).
All donations are tax-deductible in their respective country.
Mission, Vision & Values
The International Music Camp enriches lives through artistic expression and personal growth through our summer school of fine arts.
The International Music Camp provides an elevated and welcoming fine arts camp experience with financial and capital sustainability and stability.
The leadership, staff, and volunteers of the International Music Camp value:
- Camper Connectivity & Inclusion – Every camper, regardless of background, feels welcomed, valued, supported, and connected to staff and volunteers.
- Opportunity – The International Music Camp provides equal-opportunity for education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
- Personal Discovery & Creativity – Campers are provided the freedom and opportunity to develop themselves personally and creatively, with gentile guidance and support from staff.
- Educational Experiences – High quality fine arts education is at the core of a camper’s experience, starting first with recruiting tremendous local and international teachers.
- Thoughtful Growth – Growth of the campership is focused on rural and underserved areas by utilizing available resources, like teachers and past campers.
- Sustainability – Whether it be organizational or environmental, sustainable practices are implemented daily to reinforce kindness for the Earth and save much-needed organizational resources.
The International Music Camp is proud to have a strong history of welcoming people from all cultures and bringing them from around the world together for high quality fine arts education. We stand with calls for justice and peace around the world and are working to end systemic racism and oppression. Strengthening our inclusive, safe, and transformative traditions with respect, kindness, awareness, and compassion will remain a priority now and in the future.
The International Music Camp is made possible through support from the North Dakota Council on the Arts and the Province of Manitoba.
Partnerships and Affiliations
(in alphabetical order)